Friday, March 5, 2010

Invterview with Marti Cummings

I've gotten the chance to interview the amazing Marti Cummings who is the founder of Broadway Speaks OUT!


Th3heights: How did you get the idea for Broadway Speaks OUT?
Marti Cummings: When proposition 8 happened I thought of the idea to form BSO. Having the majority vote on minority rights is NEVER OKAY! So I said let's bring the broadway and entertainment communities together to stand up and speak OUT!


T3:What do you like best about working with Broadway Speaks OUT?
MC:I like giving a voice to people who may not be able to do what I do. I really enjoy interacting with all of the people who follow our show and support what we do

T3:What is it like getting to interview so many great performers and people supporting equality?
MC: TERRIFYING! I have interviewed LEGENDS & just want to cry I am so nervous but it is so rewarding to speak with them and hear what they have to say. I am so honored to be able to speak to such great people about how they support justice and equality

T3:What is your favorite Broadway Speaks OUT moment?
MC:marching on Washington and chanting in front of the White House.
Oh and I like going to all these fancy events to ;)

T3: What is your favorite musical?
MC: hmmmmm of all time? I would have to say Fiddler on the Roof haha

T3: Who is your all time favorite Broadway performer?
MC: Betty Buckley

T3: Who is your Broadway Crush?
MC: is it bad if I am friends with them haha,
Gavin Creel & Will Swenson...they both ooze sex appeal and are very nice guys!

T3: What is your favorite guilty pleasure?
MC: eating fatty greasy food!

T3: What is your favorite color?
MC: somedays green somedays blue depends on my mood

T3:Who is your biggest influence?
MC:Cleve Jones & Harvey Milk

T3: Is there a quote or motto you try and live by? If so what is it?
MC: "By the grace of God I am who I am". That is from St. Paul in the Bible. I was given that motto by Sister Redempta, a nun in my high school. She helped me pray and find people with my sexuality in high school. This motto is what I said to my entire school when I was asked to speak as "most influential in the senior class" because I came out in catholic school.
I think no matter who you are you should always always remember that you are who you are.

T3: Is there anything else you would like to add?
MC: I love life!




Follow Marti on Twitter here
Check out Broadway Speaks OUT here

No comments:

Post a Comment