Friday, March 19, 2010

Interview with Natalie Weiss

















Th3heights: What was your Wicked experience like?
Natalie Weiss: It was unreal! Although, I must say it was very A-typical to many other people's experiences. Normally when you are replacing someone in a show, you get around 2 weeks to have a separate rehearsal with the dance captain... However, because I was replacing someone who broke her foot, I was kind of thrown in to learn the ensemble track, so i did not have a lot of time to really really learn the Elphaba stuff(as I was contracted as an understudy technically)
Overall, it was an incredible experience but too short!

T3: What was your American Idol experience like?
NW: Well the American Idol experience was very surreal. It was so crazy to be auditioning in front of the judges after watching the show on tv since I was 16. As you might observe (on youtube) my experience in Hollywood was not too pleasant. Getting placed in a group of girls who had their stage parents in the room! AWFUL!

T3: What was it like to do "Offline"?
NW: It took a lot of hard work and preparation, but in the end it was so unreal to see my supportive family friends and fans there supporting me in the audience!

T3: How did you get involved in theatre?
NW: My parents put me in my first play when I was 5, (snow white and the 7 dwarfs) I was sleepy! ha... Then when I was 10 I was Peter Pan in a day camp and all the older campers were jealous of me because I had the lead. Shortly after that, i got more involved with musical theatre and decided to go to a half-day performing arts school, then I realized I wanted to pursue it:)

T3: What is your favorite Broadway show and why?
NW: My favorite Broadway show is Next To Normal. It honestly it so moving and so real and deals with extremely close to home issues. You almost feel like it's a play set to music, not the other way around.

T3: Who is your favorite performer and why?
NW: Hmmmm tricky one.. I feel like I have so many favorites BUT i would have to go with BEYONCE (we're going away from theatre for a second) Besides having one of the most incredible voices, she just OWNS the stage, and is soooo unreal ! I also love watching Katie Thompson perform at her piano(don't know if you know her but GET ON IT GIRL) She's seriously INCREDIBLE! Every time you watch her it is like an out of body experience!

T3: What is your favorite color?
NW: green

T3: What are some of your guilty pleasures?
NW: The bachelor, 16 and pregnant, getting a manicure/pedicure every other week, any kind of soup, sushi, double features at the movie theatre

T3: Do you have an album in the works?
NW: I want to put together a live cd of my "offline" concert

T3: How do you feel about this season of "16 and Pregnant"?
NW: I seriously CANNOT believe how the girls' boyfriends are SOOOO DUMB and SOOO RUDE to everyone!! In an argument, they are completely 100 % WRONG!

T3: Who is you biggest inspiration and why?
NW: ooo tricky question too, well I would have to say Mariah Carey and Whitney Houston, because I seriously would listen to them on repeat from when I was 8 years old till like 15 .

No comments:

Post a Comment