Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Interview with Daniel Koye

I recently got the chance to interview hairstylist Daniel Koye. Daniel has done the hair for HAIR on Broadway and a bunch of other shows,events and celebrities.

Th3heights: How did you get involved in hairstyling?
Daniel Koye: My mother was a hair stylist! so she had a salon in our basement so i would play there all the time. So I would go there and play with all her wigs.

T3: What is your biggest inspiration?
DK: Helping these beautiful people feel sexy about themselves. Seeing my clients light up when they have a great hair cut and color. To sneeking in the back of the theater and watch the audiences face light up with excitiment when the show is on!

T3: If you could style any celebrity’s hair whose would you want to style and why?
DK: Well I don't have any! hahaha I have done celebrities for movies and TV shows, benefits, each and every one was just wonderful. I love all people who perform and entertain people!

T3: What was your first professional gig as a hair stylist?
DK: Spring Awakening: Lea Michele

T3: What has been your favorite project to work on and why?
DK: I love working on BCEFA Broadway Bares. I am the Hair coordinator for the past 2 years for the HUGE fund raiser at Roseland Ballroom. (besides seeing all the prettiest men and women nearly nude and sometimes nude back stage!) but raising money for Broadway Cares. Helping with the little bit that I can to put on this amazing show!

T3: What has been the hardest project to work on and why?
DK: Hardest? Nothing is Hard but there are challenging moments, and these moments are only to help me become a better person. Every show has its ups and downs.

T3: What are your upcoming projects?
DK: I am launching my own hair spray line DKOYE the hairspray. This is going to be great! To check it out and see all the glits and glitter (the bottles are rhinestoned) go to www.danielkoye.com

T3: Do you have any hair tips people should know?
DK: Always have on had a small hairspray. I have a hair blog with TONS of tips www.celebhairbyyou.com/

T3: Is there are quote or motto you live by?
DK: Everything you need is already in you.


Check out Daniel's website here
Check out Daniel's blog here

Special thanks to Marti Cummings for setting up this interview!

No comments:

Post a Comment